Microsoft Office 365
Microsoft Office 365 is all about delivering familiar Microsoft collaboration and productivity tools through the cloud. Services are run on globally-redundant servers. The software is maintained and kept up to date by Microsoft while you keep control over the levels of access to the services.
All services are either available as standalone bid plans or ‘bundled in Office 365 suite’ plans. Tailored licensing plans are available for small businesses, mid-size and larger enterprises. The Office 365 suite consists of the following services:
- Exchange Online provides rapid and easy access to email, calendar and contacts from anywhere
- SharePoint Online offers a central cloud-based location to store and share documents. It integrates tightly with Office applications. You can save your created documents directly to SharePoint Online.
- Lync Online offers instant messaging, video calls and online meetings. The Lync client integrates with Office applications and SharePoint, thus making presence information available at a glance.
- Office Web Apps provides web-enabled versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote. These allow you to view and edit documents online from within a web browser.
- Office 2010 Professional Plus is available as a download when subscribing to certain Office 365 plans. It is Office as we know it, but as a monthly subscription service. The subscription also includes Office Web Apps.
These cloud-based services can integrate with your existing on-premises tools, providing you with the flexibility to migrate to online services at your own pace or the option to direct only certain functionalities to the cloud.
Delaware Consulting offers:
- analysis and advice on the value of Office 365 services for your business and related licensing plans
- assistance and guidance in configuring and adopting Office 365 services
- total management of the migration of on-premises Exchange deployments to Office 365 Exchange Online, including legacy PST migrations to the cloud using specific third-party tools
- help in setting up suitable directory synchronization between your on-premise active directory and Office 365 identities. Realize rich co-existence scenarios between on-premises Exchange/Lync deployments and Exchange/Lync Online